These desanders are used for a wide range of onshore and offshore applications from primary filtration to waterflood injection, disposal wells and SAGD. Units are designed with a two-to-one turn down ratio in most cases with flow rate from 100 bbld to 450,000 bbld per unit.
The EPP desander works on a differential of specific gravities of the solid from the liquid. Normally, removing 40 micron and above solids when high (98 %+) efficiencies are required. For produced water applications, typical efficiencies are 98% for 74 micron and larger particles, 95% for 73 to 40 micron particles, 84% for 39 to 20 micron particles, and 50% for 19 to 1 micron particles.
Desander Design Features:
– No screens or filter elements to clean or replace; no servicing routines saves maintenance time and cost.
– No backwashing; zero fluid loss options eliminate additional treatment and allow reclaim of valuable fluids.
– Low and steady pressure loss saves energy and provides and more predictable operating system.
– Choice of profiles to accommodate space and piping limitation making for an easy layout and installation.
– Patented Swirlex internal accelerating slots for optimum solids-removal performance.
– Patented internal Vortube for enhanced separation and collection.
– In-line inlet and outlet configuration for simplified piping.
Standard Construction Features:
– Independently tested
– ANSI flanged inlet and outlet connections; DIN and other connections available
– A wide range of standard pressure rating available
– Carbon Steel construction with special coatings and material available
– Exterior finish is Powder coated
– ASME code, section VIII, Div I
– Saves maintenance time & cost: no screens or filter elements to clean or replace
– Saves energy & provides predictable operating system: low & steady pressure loss
– Choice of profiles for space & piping limitations: easy layout & installation
– Optimum solids-removal performance and collection
Eliminates additional treatment & allows reclaim of fluids: zero fluid loss options